Thursday 28 March 2013

BASTIAN SCHWEINSTIGER

SCHWEINSTIGER

astian Schweinsteiger tells Champions Matchday that FC Bayern München's home defeat by Chelsea FC in the 2012 final has given him "added motivation" to succeed.
With FC Bayern München reaching the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals for the fourth season in five, 28-year-old German international Bastian Schweinsteiger took time out to talk to Champions Matchday about Bayern, his motivation this campaign and the changing role of a central midfielder.

SCHWEINSTIGER
For me, moving into the middle was very important. Initially I developed as a central midfielder, but when I started as an amateur and in my first years as a professional I played on the wings. When you play there you depend on other things. In the middle you can always bring yourself into the game and try to guide it in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment