Friday 10 May 2013

Delighted that Sir Alex recommended me: Moyes


David Moyes, who was appointed the Manchester United manager on Thursday, said it was a great honour to be the next manager at Old Trafford and was also delighted that it was outgoing manager Alex Ferguson, who recommended him for the job.
"It's a great honour to be asked to be the next manager of Manchester United. I am delighted that Sir Alex saw fit to recommend me for the job. I have great respect for everything he has done for the Football Club," said Moyes in a statement issued by the club.
Moyes said it will be challenging task to replace Ferguson.
"I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn't something that comes around very often and I'm really looking forward to taking up the post next season.
"I have had a terrific job at Everton, with a tremendous chairman and Board of Directors and a great set of players. Between now and the end of the season, I will do everything in my power to make sure we finish as high as possible in the table," he said.
Moyes also paid a rich tribute to his present club Everton, whom he will be leaving at the end of the season.
"Everton's fantastic fans have played a big part in making my years at Goodison so enjoyable and I thank them wholeheartedly for the support they have given me and the players. Everton will be close to me for the rest of my life," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment