Friday 7 June 2013

Aston Villa sign Bulgaria’s Tonev

Alexander Tonev Signs For Aston Villa
Aston Villa signed Bulgaria winger Aleksandar Tonev from Polish club Lech Poznan on Friday.
Tonev agreed terms with the Premier League side after passing a medical and he will officially complete his switch to Villa Park once the final paperwork is filed next week.
It has been reported that Villa will pay around £2.5 million ($3.8 million, 2.9 million euros) for the 23-year-old.
“I am really happy to be part of Aston Villa and I am really proud to be able to pull the shirt on,” Tonev said.
“Aston Villa is a big club and the manager and club have a belief in young players and in the team ethic.
“Football is not about the individuals. It’s a team sport and all successful teams play well together.
“I want to show everybody what I can really do. I have played in front of big crowds before but the atmosphere here in England is unique.
“I can’t wait to start and to meet my team-mates and the manager. When I heard about Aston Villa, I thought about playing in the Premier League for such a big club. I wasn’t thinking about anything else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment